#4 Money Saving Moving Tips for Your Move
Today we would like to give you some time and pieces of advice on how to save money on your move.
However, there is a thin line between saving money and failing to prepare your removals.
Quality has a price and tries to save money extensively on everything could results in broken items, waste of time or other hassles.
In case you are on a budget and don’t want to spend too much for your removals, below are the ultimate tips.
Top #4 Tips on How to Save Money on Your Move
- Purchase New or Second-hand Packing Gears, Boxes, Papers.
- Choose Right Removals Company.
- Selecting the Right Truck Size.
- Organize Your Move Well.
1) Packing Gears
Packing Boxes & Material
- Removals Packing material can be a big part of the moving cost. However, you can’t cut down on this as you need to pack your items perfectly in order to move easily your belongings.
- The best advice we could give is to find second-hand boxes or material.
- Ask your work or some businesses that you know: they always have second-hand boxes to give away.
- You can check on social media or internet too (Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree etc…) and you will come free or cheap packing gears for your relocation.
Here, Beware of the quality of the carton. Indeed, boxes have to be in a good state, otherwise, this could result in damage to your belongings.
- It might be the most important point in packing (see our blog post about tips on how to pack).
- You need to use a lot of paper to fill your box and pack your items individually.
- Use newspaper and all the paper you can find. Start collecting one month before. You can use paper from people that already moved (that you find online too).
2) Choosing the Right Removals Company
If you want to save money on your move, you have to select an affordable moving company.
- Most likely a small local business, as they have low running cost and can provide a cheap removal with good service. On the contrary, larger businesses won’t provide a low-cost removal due to their size and fix cost too high.
- However, beware. It’s very easy to mistaken and chooses the wrong company.
Check Our blog: “What’s the best ways to find a reputed affordable moving company in Perth?”
Don’t get fooled by the cheapest price. You can easily do the wrong choice. And this could end up in a disaster.
Check our blog: ” Why not to choose the cheapest removalist company? “
3) Selecting the Right Truck Size
What’s the point to have chosen a cheap and affordable removalist if the truck provided is too big?
- Bigger truck means higher removal rates.
- It’s very important that you talk to the moving company in order to estimate your volume.
Check our blog post: ” How to choose the right rental moving truck? “
4) Organise your move well
60% of the efficiency and pace of your move depends on the removalist.
The other 40% depends on your preparation and organisation.
- Everything has to be packed neatly. No small random items. If possible, move your items in the garage and don’t let anything in the corridor.
- Take off the picture from your wall.
- Prepare your furniture and cabinet properly.
See our blog post: ” How to prepare your furniture and cabinet for the move? “
Please follow our Guidelines on Money Saving Moving Tips
As a sum up, if you follow these money saving moving tips thoroughly and don’t choose the cheapest provider to keep a high level of quality, you can surely get a good service at a fair price.
Why to contact Kroos Logistics Company for Removals?
Kroos Logistics Removals is a Perth based company. We provide relocation services like Household Removals, Packing, Cleaning, Storage, Rubbish removals.
Thousands of customers choose us already and were highly satisfied with our services.